Labels

Monday, April 12, 2010

Sloppy Joe's with homemade buns, fries and onion rings!!

YUMMMMY!
These were so delicious!! The buns are so super easy to make. Recipe will be at the bottom.
Alexander was the main onion ring maker; I just assisted! He dunked them in beer (Dos Equis) and then seasoned flour-TWICE! then fried them AND he only burned himself like four times on numerous items, not just hot grease!!

I peeled and cut the fries myself and we only dipped them into the beer and flour once before frying.
They were crisp, but the center was soft and just right. They are the best fries I have ever had.
I was fighting with the ice cream maker while the boys ate and came back for seconds, leaving me only two teeny rings and four fries. :( oh well...I didn't need those anyways! but oh man, that sloppy joe was amazing!!

bun recipe

1 cup water
2 Tbls butter
1 large egg
3 1/4 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 Tbls instant yeast

Combine all and mix and knead together using a mixer until it's a soft, smooth dough.
Grease a large bowl and place dough in it, cover with a towel, let rise for an hour. I put mine in my electric oven with the light on. Any draft free place will do.

Divide the dough into 8 pieces and shape into flattened balls. Place the balls on a greased baking sheet, cover, let rise 30-40 minutes until they are quite puffy.

Preheat over to 375. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
Remove from oven and place to cool on a rack.


1 comment:

Jacki said...

Are these the 40 minute buns? I use that recipe all the time, esp for dinner rolls! I start them the same time I start dinner and then everything is done at the same time!